.

.

Pages

One month...

Tuesday, June 2, 2015








Month 1 of the rest of my life without them.




I heard that you never 
:get over the loss: or :move on:
 -you learn how to survive it.
How am I? Surviving!

I am still hoping I am going to wake up...


The past 4 days have been shockingly rough... 
Last Tuesday we were back from vacation and I was in good spirits- 
motivated, smiling, optimistic- it all went down hill from there...
the rest of the week I was tired, sluggish, uninterested in anything. My follow up appt. was approaching and I think I was dreading the possibility of resurfaced feelings- 
that were already still so fresh, 
and to be back there seemed unreal.

                                                

I had my follow up with my doctor on Monday (yesterday). The pain of walking into that office, no longer pregnant, and there for a very different reason triggered tears, disappointment, anger and worry. I was having anxiety the day and night before...I was stuck replaying the slide show of the past 5 months over and over. I wondered what would we discuss, how would we interact, would it be awkward, or comfortable.

It's similar to the night before their memorial. The build up was worst than the actual day. The gash you've tried to seal up gets ripped open-and you have to start over. You prepared for the worse. Your feelings, crying in front of people (which can quickly make them uncomfortable and confused on how to help). I me not knowing how to respond to the typical- I'm sorry-.

During the visit my Doctor, who I feel is more of a friend than my doctor, talked about them, talked about the birth, what I remember and what I don't, he mentioned it being a small miricale I went into shock when I did. An event like that is something you won't want to have to remember. We talked about how I was doing,
 Jordan and I's relationship. 
(Statistics are sadly high for divorce after loss of a child)  
and then we got to talk about our future plans. 
Of course tears flowed a few times and but it turned out to be a relief, and very comforting. There are fears and questions, but there is hope. 

After the appt. I went to lunch with my mom, who attended the appt with me, it made this day a lot better than it could have turned out! It's been good to have the company of others to distract, comfort and share laughter. 
People that understand. That feel what you feel. 
Some days I just can't leave the house, but the times I do I mostly enjoy myself. I get overwhelmed quickly and easily triggered, but you can't allow yourself to get stuck in your comfort zone. If I allow myself too much time alone thinking... I start to spiral into sadness and what-ifs.



 I love my story. As much as I feel defeated some days, devastated... like I can't go on- I am proud of this life. I might not have my perfect ending, but this is only one chapter in my book. Probably my favorite chapter, and I would never rewrite it or delete it.
 I love them and they are mine. 
Always a part of me.




I decorated Jax, Stella and Beck's grave.
I am so grateful to have them close by.

I drove to Dallas to take care of plans for a future dedication to my babies.
It went perfectly and I am SO looking forward to the next step in healing.

Yesterday was surprisingly OK and so was today. 
I am currently content. 

-Samone-

4 comments:

  1. Glad the visit day was a little better than expected. And that you got to get out with your mom. Prayers for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HERE I AM....... It means I bring the fullness of my life to this moment. I bring all the pain and love and struggle and hope..... HERE I AM...... and in that total offering of you to the world, something shifts. All that you are NOT finally conceded to all that you ARE..... Gods beautiful child.
    Thank you Samone for your honesty.
    Aquila

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first doctor's appointment isn't easy. I generally find none of the "first's" are easy. But they do get easier.

    I love your chapter analogy. I wouldn't change my story either. And it definitely isn't the end of the book for either of us.

    Thoughts, Hugs, & Prayers,

    Keri

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS