.

.

Pages

Is Ignorance bliss?

Wednesday, July 8, 2015



Would Not knowing what it's like to be their mom make my life "easier"?

Not having known my children would mean I wouldn't miss them every second of every day.

 I wouldn't have to look into the future and realize they will [forever] be missing. 
Missing from family photos... Holidays... Birthdays...

I wouldn't have to face the fact I'll never see any of their milestones. First steps, words, graduation, weddings. 
Big or small.

I wouldn't have my heart shatter at the silence that should be full of their cries and laughter. 

The words "I love you mommy" wouldn't be missed and longed for. 

I wouldn't be suffocating in tears every time I realize this is real, they are not coming back, I can't wake up, I don't have a second chance. 

I wouldn't have to feel the heartache, have reason for the gallons of tears, I wouldn't have puffy eyes and dark circles, & I wouldn't be a mess.

I would be blissfully ignorant. 



Pregnancy did not happen easy for us.
It took years, it took praying, it took crying and begging.
Then, like a miracle, my cries were heard, prayers answered and the wait was over.
Then overnight gone. 

Is ignorance bliss? 

No.
 As painful as every second and everyday will be, no matter how many tears I cry and no matter how many children I go on to have.  They are my unique gift not many get. 
They are apart of my story and, they are, my favorite chapter and also my most tragic.  
I will talk about them, celebrate them, cry about them.
I can't see them but if I quiet my aching heart I may feel them.



“The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief.
But the pain of grief is only a 
shadow when compared 
with the pain of never risking love.” 
- Hilary Stanton Zunin 

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. I'm glad I had them for as long as I had them. They were worth every second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes they were. Xoxo hugs. Wouldn't change a thing- even though I'll miss them my entire life.

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS